Lipstick, Powder and Paint

Life, as seen through the eyes of Helen the Midget Arse.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow;
I am the diamond glints on snow;
I am the sunlight on ripened grain;
I am the gentle Autumn's rain.
When you waken in the morning's hush;
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight;
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there,
I did not die.

In loving memory of my dear friend who passed away on sunday from cancer aged 49
may she rest in peace

8 Comments:

At 7:39 pm, Blogger The Mistress said...

I'm thinking of you, Helen. That's a lovely tribute to your friend.

 
At 7:52 pm, Blogger S.I.D. said...

Oh that's a great poem for such a time.

Sorry to hear about your news.

 
At 11:38 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"remember the good times"

 
At 3:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww.

There's peace and tranquility somewhere with a little spot reserved for each one of us.

Your friend has arrived there.

I bet with a big smile too.

 
At 9:10 pm, Blogger Tazzy said...

thank you all for your kind comments

 
At 9:59 am, Blogger Frobisher said...

sorry to hear of your loss. Try and remember the good times, its important how you remember. Good memories are food for the soul. Take care.

 
At 7:06 pm, Blogger The Mistress said...

I won't be around tonight for the big Tazzy & Piggy launch. Please make sure to get there first and put in a word for me in my absence.

 
At 10:02 pm, Blogger Kyahgirl said...

That is such a beautiful poem. May your friend rest in peace. 49 is incredibly young.
I'm sorry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home