Lipstick, Powder and Paint

Life, as seen through the eyes of Helen the Midget Arse.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

WATCH WITH MOTHER




My earliest memories of watching the television was sitting with my eldest 
sister and my mother and  waiting for 'Watch with mother' to come on

There was Andy Pandy Looby Loo and Big Ted in one programme ,then there was   The Flower Pot Men , 2 large plant pots with little men inside and a Weed that lived between the plant pots, ahhh and one of my faves 
The wooden tops they had a dog called Spot,bet you can'tguess what breed he was?
It is a shame they don't make childrens programmes like them now they were very innocent and now when i see them they make me laugh

6 Comments:

At 2:02 pm, Blogger Divian said...

It is amazing how they are beginning to incorporate sexual undertones into children's movies and programs. Even if it is rated G, I still find myself watching it before hand to make sure it is okay for them to look at.

 
At 4:40 pm, Blogger Tazzy said...

it is very sad the way they have to bring sex and innuendo's into kids programmes now, well done you checking that it is ok for them to watch , alot of mum's would not bother ,then they wonder why kids swear and come out with things they should not know about at and early age !!!

 
At 8:34 pm, Blogger S.I.D. said...

Yay for the Wooden Tops.Loved that show!

 
At 9:06 pm, Blogger The Mistress said...

When I was quite wee, Bill & Ben was broadcast here for a short time in Canada. Yet nobody I ask remembers the show save for one woman I know who was raised in the UK. I still remember the theme tune. I've heard there's an updated Bill and Ben show now. Is that so?

 
At 3:47 am, Blogger FirstNations said...

dear lord i stopped in to say howdy and theres all these freaky lil flowerpot thingies.
is it often like this here?
holy CRAP.
*locks self in bathroom*

 
At 5:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was freaked out by the bear, the marionette, and the doll. when i was growing up, we didn't have to worry about sexual undertones. dumbo's circus and winnie the pooh were all about minding your manners and being nice and stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home