Lipstick, Powder and Paint

Life, as seen through the eyes of Helen the Midget Arse.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

do you remember?









Well as me and Piggy did'nt really enjoy our sweets yesterday, i got thinking about the sweets we had when we were kids i have found some brill websites where you can buy the old fashioned sweets

i have put a few pics on of some of the delights they have ...... sweet baccy, eyeballs,black bullets,rhubarb and custard and of course bubble gum!!!

i used to love sherbert dips, sweet baccy and me gran always gave us a bar of caramac every sunday when we went to visit her after mass sighhhhhh where have all the goodies gone ??

what is or was your fave sweet??

6 Comments:

At 12:58 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! First!

Fuck! I remember those 'Bubbly' bubble gums well - they were fucking awful. It was like chewing a rubber (thats an eraser for the yanks).

Fave sweet for me was 'toffee logs' - milk chocolate cover strips of caramel. Closely followed by 'flumps', those wee marshmallowy type things.

Oh and then there 'shrimps', 'flying saucers', 'cream-line toffees', 'higland toffee', 'white mice' (the proper big ones with blood in the middle when you bit into them), 'sherbit dib-dabs' and a million others.

Yes, those fucking expensive ones from work yesterday were shite.

 
At 6:03 am, Blogger The Mistress said...

Second again. Losing my touch.

I'm not going to tell you my fave sweeties as my Canadian sweets will make about as much sense to you as your Brit sweeties do to me.

Are those worms in the top pic?

Oh. Changed my mind. My favourite sweet is Midget Arse. She's the sweetest of the lot.

 
At 11:31 am, Blogger Frobisher said...

Fruit salads! remember those chews which used to stick to your teeth and go hard. I loved em. Blackjacks were fun as well (could they get away with putting golliwogs on wrappers nowadays?)

 
At 5:45 pm, Blogger Tazzy said...

T&P crikey are there any sweets you dont like (apart from the ones we bought at work)

MJ tut tut get ya ass in gear and beat the boys to 1st position !!! not worms they were really sweet chewy things mmmm yummy oh and thanx Mj haa haa bet Piggy will say something about me being sweet!!!
Frobisher gawd those fruit salads and black jacks were chewy gawd help the fillings now errr and golliwogs would be politically incorrect awwwwww

 
At 7:30 pm, Blogger S.I.D. said...

I loved those bubblies!

I did like midget gems (A bit like you Helen)especially the black ones.

But my all time favourite sweet has to be Refreshers.

 
At 4:45 am, Blogger The Mistress said...

I really have no idea what you're all on about. Fruit salads? Blackjacks? Refreshers? Where do you live? On another planet?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home